Public Art Advisory Panel
Enlighten 2016, James Farley and Andrew Hagan. Photo credit Andrew Hagan.
Council has established a Public Art Advisory Panel (PAAP) composed of stakeholder representatives to guide the commissioning of public art and management of the Public Art Collection in line with the Public Art Plan.
The PAAP's role is to provide expert advice and contribute to public art project management from commissioning to the completion and public launch of artworks within the commissioning guidelines. The PAAP has the following tasks:
- Provide expert cultural, artistic and design advice.
- Appraise and make recommendations for the selection of appropriate artists and proposals.
- Oversee the commissioning and procurement processes for artworks.
- Report back to Council for endorsement of the recommendations prior to the commissioning of the artwork.
The PAAP consists of seven members:
- 1 x City of Wagga WaggaCouncillor
- 1 x City of Wagga Wagga Cultural Officer
- 1 x City of Wagga Wagga Project Management Office representative
- 1 x Manager, Wagga Wagga Art Gallery
- 1 x Industry representative
- 2 x Community representatives (with relevant arts background)
All representative position terms shall run until August 2020. Where appropriate, advisers (internal/external) with specialist expertise will be temporarily co-opted to the panel to assist decision making.
The current PAAP consists of the following representatives:
|Councillor, City of Wagga Wagga||Vanessa Keenan|
|Industry representative, School of Communications & Creative Industries, Charles Sturt University||Dr Sam Bowker|
|Community representative||David Gilbey|
|Cultural Officer, Wagga Wagga City Council||Tracie Miller|
|Senior Project Management Coordinator, Wagga Wagga City Council||Bruce Sheridan|
|Manager Art Gallery, Wagga Wagga City Council||Stephen Payne|
One community member position is now available for the Public Art Advisory Panel. As a Public Art Advisory Panel member you will provide advice and contribute to public art project management from commissioning to the completion and public launch of artworks. To apply, simply fill out the expression of interest form available at wagga.nsw.gov.au/committees by 5pm, Wednesday 28 February, 2018.
More info? Call 1300 292 442 or firstname.lastname@example.org..au